Community Education Instructor, Levan Center - Calligraphy Instructor P/T
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02348
Posting Date: 03/12/2018
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Professional Expert
Rate: $57.50 per instructional hour
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Community Education Instructor
Levan Institute for Lifelong Learning
Provide college level instruction in short term classes targeted at the needs of the senior adult community. Classes are not offered for college credit.
This is a Professional Expert position
1. Develop curriculum and provide instruction to adult learners.
2. Develop subject matter materials as required.
3. Create instructional materials as needed, including the use of technology as appropriate.
4. Maintain class and other records as required by the Levan Institute.
5. Establish a positive, interactive, and enjoyable learning atmosphere.
6. Assist students in making the class as interesting and/or useful as possible.
7. Assist the Levan Institute in marketing your class.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Proficiency in calligraphy, through education and/or experience, which qualifies you to teach the class.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Copies of legible transcripts, if applicable
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.