Vice President of Finance and Administration
Competitive salary commensurate with education and related work experience.
VP of Finance & Administration
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Vice President of Finance and Administration reports to the President and is responsible for all financial matters and establishes institution-wide financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs, and practices which insure the District of a continuously sound financial structure. The Vice President of Finance and Administration will serve as the College's Chief Financial Officer, and will make decisions which are data-informed, ethically, and strategically sound for both short and long-term initiatives. This position provides management and direction for the overall finance and capital accounting, budgeting, purchasing operations, and business services of the College, including Bond resources, serving as advisor to the President/CEO, providing mentoring, direction, and support to administrators and their departments, and directing efforts to minimize finance and business operational risk. Administrative responsibilities will also include overseeing Purchasing, Business Office, Physical Plant, Security, Shipping and Receiving, and Auxiliary Services.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and recommends short and long range fiscal planning for the college. Serves as the Chief Financial Officer for Lee College.
- Develops and establishes operational policies and procedures and ensures implementation of appropriate financial systems.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, repair, and renovation of campus facilities and campus grounds. Also responsible for overseeing construction projects.
- Serve as senior official responsible for Purchasing, Business Office, Physical Plant, Security, Shipping and Receiving, Auxiliary Services, as well as all business functions of the District including payroll, accounts payable, and student billings.
- Responsible for the college-wide budgetary process that reflects the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the college and monitors actual performance in relation to the budget.
- Develops institutional revenue options and expenditure guidelines and makes related recommendations to the President and Board of Regents.
- Responsible for directing preparation of financial reports for Board of Regents, external agencies, and other users of District financial information.
- Responsible for directing the annual audit of District finances and preparation of annual financial reports.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing District investment policies and serve as co-investment officer for the District.
- Responsible for annually reviewing and updating the Facility Master Plan.
- Responsible for District facility leases for operations and instructional programs located off the main campus.
- Responsible for developing and implementing internal controls to safeguard college assets.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in Accounting or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant licensure
- Minimum of ten (10) years of management experience
- Ability to systematically analyze complex issues and data
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership in strategic planning and cost-effective growth management strategies
- Knowledge of financial and budgetary planning control
- Knowledge of information systems and technologies
- Knowledge of material acquisition and procurements management
- Knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to public entities; an understanding of GAAP, GAAS, GASB, and FASB
- Masters (or higher) degree in Accounting or a related field
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4768
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.